Self-improvement is hard work!
- Hard work takes motivation
- Ambition is a form of motivation
- Reality Check #1 - Most ambitions go unfulfilled
- Ambition is dependent on capabilities
- Reality Check #2 - Capability gaps are common
- Future ambition often exceeds current capabilities
- When capabilities exceed ambition a comfort zone forms
- Reality Check #3 - It's easy (comfortable) to milk existing capabilities
- See Reality Check #1!
- When your capabilities and ambition are aligned, it's easy to get complacent
- Complacency is dangerous
- Reality Check #4 - capabilities often grow stale and outdated
The "comfort zone" - your capabilities exceed your ambition
The "danger zone" - your capabilities equal your ambition
The "work zone" - your ambition exceeds your capabilities