- Reflection is the self-study of your thoughts, emotions and actions
- Reflection is an ongoing process
- It can take place in real time or after the fact
- The goal is to learn from every experience - not just ones that include feedback
- It’s hard to be objective…
- Bad memories are stronger than good memories…
- It’s easy to be self-critical…
- …think of yourself in the 3rd person
- …practice gratitude
- …practice self-empathy
- treating yourself with the same kindness, concern, and support you’d show to a good friend (Neff & Dahm, 2015)
- Set aside time for reflection
- Ask yourself the tough questions
- Was I mentally prepared for the situation?
- How did others experience me?