NOTE - Discomfort is defined as "slight pain" or "feeling uneasy, anxious, or embarrassed".
- "Discomfort" gets a bad rap!
- People misinterpret discomfort as failure, but...
- ...It's the ultimate marker of success
COACHING POINT - you have to decide if your going to live a life that avoids discomfort or embraces discomfort.
HOW TO EMBRACE DISCOMFORT
- Change your mind - discomfort is a precursor to winning
- Change your metrics - winning isn't easy...winning is hard
- Win today - focus on what's right in front of you (don't get distracted by the long road ahead)
- Celebrate progress - little, daily wins build confidence and momentum
- Recognize the hard stuff - don't celebrate the outcome...celebrate the hardships leading to the outcome
COACHING POINT - Leaders have a platform to change how followers view discomfort. Followers will view discomfort through whatever lens you do. The way you and team explain setbacks is key.