- 3rd person feedback is a self-coaching skill.
- Instead of evaluating "I", you evaluate "he/she/they".
- It works because you're more objective thinking of yourself in the 3rd person.
How to start
- Add to end-of-day thinking routines
- Ask yourself, "How was his/her/their day"?
- "What did they accomplish?"
- "How were they perceived by others?"
- "Did they avoid anything?"
- "What should be tomorrow's priority?"
This isn't an opportunity to beat yourself up! 😣 It's a chance to dispassionately assess your day.