noun - the confidence, enthusiasm, and discipline of a person or group at a particular time.
The #WinToday leadership style is good for morale.
What causes people to lose confidence, enthusiasm and discipline?
- Feeling lost (lack direction or purpose)
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Feeling loss of control
- Feeling under-appreciated
- Feeling disconnected from others
These are "morale-busters".
Focus your leadership interactions on "priorities", "processes" and "progress", and you'll address these morale busters.
- Set daily priorities so people don't feel overwhelmed
- Eliminate distractions so people can focus
- Focus on daily routines so people feel a sense of control (vs. long off goals that may seem unattainable)
- Emphasis process (vs. outcome) goals so people
- Acknowledge daily wins so people feel appreciated