Leadership is a 3-dimensional challenge.
The 3 Dimensions of Leadership
- Leaders have to control their emotions, make tough decisions and self-motivate. This is the personal dimension of leadership.
- Leaders have to build relationships, influence behavior and develop others. This is the interpersonal dimension of leadership.
- Leaders have to create healthy environments, positive team dynamics and sustainable cultures. This is the group or team dimension of leadership.
Why this is important -
- Leaders tend to excel at and prefer different dimensions of leadership
- We spend more time in the dimension we prefer
- Leadership is a perishable skill - we lose what we don't use
- It's easy to develop blind spots in dimensions we avoid