- Culture doesn't change over night.
- Culture change an ongoing process.
- Change is easy to want and hard to do.
- It requires collective leadership.
- Leadership stress creates a change barrier.
- YOU CAN'T CHANGE CULTURE WITH THE SAME LEADERSHIP PRACTICES
SAMPLE PROCESS ROADMAP
- Simplify culture - redefine "culture" in unambiguous terms
- Reassess culture - conduct informal stress tests
- Share the reality - your mgmt. team needs the truth
- Redefine leadership - culture reflects leadership
- Synchronize team - the management team needs to buy-in
- Reassess leaders - address leadership debt
- Reprioritize outcomes - align around leadership objectives
- Clarify standards - what leadership behaviors will be valued most?
- Develop skills - employee engagement, performance management and systematic teamwork
- Simplify metrics - how will you measure culture shift?
- Communication strategy - start with your leadership narrative