1. the importance, worth, or usefulness of something.
2. a person's principles or standards of behavior; one's judgment of what is important in life.
"Leadership values" refer to the standards of behavior you deem most important in a leader.
SAMPLE LEADERSHIP VALUES
- Character - ex. demonstrates empathy, urgency & discipline
- Presence - ex. demonstrates confidence, self-awareness & resilience
- Intellect - ex. demonstrates creative problem solving & sound judgement
HOW TO DEVELOP YOUR VALUES
- Focus - what behavioral attributes do you covet?
- Prioritize - long lists get lost...focus on the vital few attributes
- Categorize - group your priority attributes into memorable categories (ex. "Character", "Presence", "Intellect").
- You need more than a definition of leadership
- Clarify what you value in leaders (unspecified values are left to interpretation)
- The standards you hold leaders accountable for are based on your values
- These value-based standards create your culture
- Define and document your values
- Convert these values into standards
- Identify role models - people demonstrating the standards
- Recognize and promote your role models
©️2019, 2020 MentalNotes Search LLC