"Collective leadership" is when employees take direction from more than 1 person.
- Matrix organizations - when people have direct & dotted line reporting relationships
- Cross functional work - when projects and teamwork cross silo boundaries
- Change management - when new processes cross silo boundaries
- Problem solving - when solutions require cross-functional alignment
"Collective leadership" requires leaders up, down, and across the org to synchronize their leadership actions.
What needs to be synchronized?
- Leadership definition - each leader takes the same responsibility
- Leadership narrative - each leader sends the same message
- Leadership outcomes - each leader pursues the same result
- Leadership values - each leader behaves to the same standards
- Leadership competencies - each leader takes a similar approach
©️2019, 2020 MentalNotes Search LLC