When things are VUCA, employees expect more from their leaders. The leadership hurdle is higher.
Under normal conditions, the hurdle is fairly low. Employees expect a trustworthy, caring and consistent leader.
When things get VUCA, the hurdle get higher. Employees want more direction, coaching and your time.
How to clear the hurdle -
- Short term goals - because long off goals seem unrealistic
- Milestones - because they demonstrate progress
- Feedback - because they need to know where they stand
- Listening - because they'll often need to vent
- 2-way communication - because conversations are comforting
- Recognition - because they want to be acknowledged
©️2019-2020 MentalNotes Search LLC