Leaders can become addicted to stress.
Stress triggers the arousal, attention, desire and craving pathways in your central nervous system. When this happens, you experience a natural high.
As your tolerance for stress builds up, you need more stress to generate that same natural high.
You might be a "stress junkie" if...
- You wait until the last minute to act
- You like doing things yourself
- You assume the stress of others
- You take unnecessary risks
- You enjoy your coping mechanisms
A little stress is a good thing. It boosts energy and focus. But too much of a good thing can be a bad thing!
©️2019-2020 MentalNotes Search LLC