noun - a measure taken in advance to prevent something dangerous, unpleasant, or inconvenient from happening.
A precautionary pep-talk is a type of directive pep-talk.
A good pep-talk has three ingredients -
- Empathy - you recognize things are volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous
- Direction - you propose a "measure taken in advance..."
- Motivation - "...to prevent something dangerous, unpleasant, or inconvenient from happening"
- Empathy - "I know this is an inconvenient change to ask of you"
- Direction - "But I need you to take the lead and set a good example because..."
- Motivation - "...I don't want you to be left behind. You're viewed as a leader and positive influence, and I don't want that to change!"
©️2019-2020 MentalNotes Search LLC