Stress is a fact of life, but why?
Stress happens when circumstances change or we perceive a threat. Sounds like a typical day, doesn't it? 😖
Life is full of uncertainty. Things are always changing. We're always adapting to the unexpected.
Plus, nothing is easy. Roadblocks and setbacks are common as we pursue life's goals.
Changing circumstances can include
- New boss/job
- New policies/procedures
Threatening situations can include
- Budget cuts
- Bad boss/difficult co-workers
Why this matters
- If you fear stress you avoid stress
- ...but stress is unavoidable
- When you accept stress, you develop positive coping mechanisms
- The ability to cope with stress (at home and work) is a critical life skill
- It paves the way to a happy life
©️2019-2020 MentalNotes Search LLC