Leading through the Covid-19 pandemic has been (and will continue to be) stressful.
There's more stress at work and more stress at home.
We've summarized the most popular MentalNotes for leaders dealing with job related stress.
Stress Management Checklist
Put "stress" in perspective
Understand how stress works
- Stress is all about perception
- We're wired to overreact
- We fixate on conceptual threats
- We're prone to needless worry
Stress festers within our self-talk
- Monitor your self talk
- Think of yourself in the 3rd person
- Work thinking breaks into your daily routines
- Start taking worry breaks
Your well-being is key
- If you don't care for yourself...
- You need to practice self-awareness
- Assess your well-being
- The gratitude hack for leaders
Adopt healthy coping mechanisms