What ∙ How ∙ Why
Most managers focus on the "what". This is what I need you to do. When you adopt a process mentality, you focus on the "How" and the "Why".
- "What" refers to an outcome.
- "How" refers to each step in the process.
- "Why" refers to the reason and motivation for each step.
When you focus solely on the "what", the outcome is left to chance.
- The employee may misinterpret the desired outcome
- Employees will "reinvent the wheel" and use trial and error
- You're forced to inspect multiple, personalized processes
- Best practices may not be adopted
- Problem solving requires the dissection of each person's approach