noun - a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end.
The #WinToday leadership philosophy emphasizes the "actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end" over goals. But why?
The case against goal focus
- Goals often change
- Goals are impacted by influences outside our control
- Goals can divert our attention from the present
- Goals can seem unattainable
The case for process focus
- Process adapts to changing goals
- Process (habits, routines, behaviors) are within our control
- Process is focused on the present
- Process builds confidence