#WinToday is a battle cry. “Remember the Alamo” was a battle cry.
Employees need more than a battle cry. They need actionable substance.
Leaders that use “process”, “precautions” and “progress” as their focal points offer followers actionable substance.
When the bullets are flying, the fight or flee instinct kicks in.
Direction needs to be clear and unambiguous.
- “Do the little things right”
- “Pay attention to the details”
- “Good routines = best outcomes”
- “Prioritize your worry”
- “Avoid conceptual threats”
- “Attack likely, immediate threats”
- “Celebrate the ‘process’”
- “Enjoy the journey”
- “Focus on what’s right in front of you”
If you do these things, you #WinToday.
Q.) Does this approach let people off hook for results?
A.) This approach holds people accountable for optimizing results