Last modified: April 16, 2019
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Currently we are collecting minimal information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address or general contact information (“Personal Information”);
- records and copies of your correspondence (including, chat sessions and e-mail conversations), if you contact us (“Correspondence”);
- responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes (“Survey Responses”).
- details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of any orders for products or Services.
You also may provide other information which will only be collected or retained with your consent.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies.As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
We may use mobile tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and clear GIFs, as well as embedded code in the Services itself, in order to operate the Service efficiently, and to collect data related to your usage of and interaction with the Service, and general use and interaction with your mobile device. All such collected data (collectively, “User Interaction Data”) may include how and when you use your mobile device. We do not access or collect the content of your mobile phone communications, such as conversations or text messages. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies.Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons.Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit MentalNotes, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of MentalNotes’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by MentalNotes about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide for our use. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MentalNotes, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and identity verification.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising.If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the MentalNotes.If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the MentalNotes to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
- Targeted Advertising.If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide us any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to our Services or on or through any of its features. Do not register for our Services, make any purchases through our Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at email@example.com request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Deleting your personal information may also require us to delete your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.