The $1m question - "What kind of leader do you want to be?"
Three things to consider
- How you like to make decisions
- The reputation you want as a leader
- Why you want people follow you
Why this is so important
Your leadership strategy is based on your leadership aspiration.
How do you like to make decisions?
There are 3 types of leaders - autocratic, democratic & bureaucratic. Key point - there's no right or wrong answer. Any of these styles can be successful.
- A little bit of input (autocratic)
- A lot of input (democratic)
- Clear policy to follow (bureaucratic)
What reputation would you like?
- Tough but fair
- Fixer/problem solver
Why do you want people to follow you?
- Trust - they believe in what you say
- Compassion - they think you have their best interest at heart
- Stability - you're consistent and fair
- Hope - you make them optimistic
©2019-2020 MentalNotes Search LLC