Employees from underserved communities share common disadvantages.
They include -
- Being stereotyped and judged as a group - not treated as an individual
- Few positive role models - few examples living up to the expected standards
- Limited social support
- Little or no coaching and skill development
- Few successful, confidence building experiences
- No positive, constructive feedback
- No sense of personal or mutual accountability
Key point - the key to leading marginalized employees is providing the advantages they've previously been denied.
©2019-2020 MentalNotes Search LLC