Each week there are things you can do to accelerate your development.
The best way to learn is by doing. (Which is good, because most new leaders are forced to learn on the job!)
We offer 3 different types of "to do's"
- "Must do's" - important but easier tasks that are time sensitive
- "Should do's" - are important but take a little more time
- "Do when you can's" - are important but less time sensitive
Activities that accelerate learning
- Seeking input (ex. from you boss, mentor or peers)
- Observing others (ex. peers)
- Analyzing problems (ex. turnover, disengagement, burnout)
- Visualizing situations (ex. giving direction, influencing behavior)
- Developing plans (ex. change, team building)
- Practicing skills (ex. expectation setting, feedback)
- Self-assessing (ex. "what messages do my behaviors send?")
©2019-2020 MentalNotes Search LLC