Three steps to visualization
- Pick one of the 5 fundamentals (ex. "Influencing behavior")
- Focus on a common challenge (ex. "People are taking a wait and see attitude")
- Roll play in your mind what you would do, what you would say, how people would respond
How to visualize
- Think of yourself in the 3rd person ("she" vs. "I")
- Develop a simple plot line - what are you trying to accomplish?
- Think about your ("her") likely emotions. How are you ("she") likely feeling?
- Think about the other person's emotions. How are they likely feeling?
- Think about the likely performance barriers from the person's point-of-view
- Think about your ("her") natural reflexes. What are the likely consequences?
- Back to your plot line - how does the leader/her/YOU do?
- Visualization takes practice
- Find time when you can focus
©2019-2020 MentalNotes Search LLC