Leading through a crisis is a multi-step process. There's no silver bullet.
How to get your team through crisis
- Understand disruptive events and complicating factors
- Manage the bad news
- Know how people cope
- Who's freezing, fleeing or fighting?
- Up your visibility -
- Catch & kill rumors and gossip
- Raise expectations
- Prioritize and focus on daily process goals
- Find some quick wins
- Re-recruit your flight risks
- Prepare your back fills
"When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity."
John F. Kennedy