- Leaders face common, recurring challenges.
- Challenges often put leadership skills on display.
- A challenge that puts skills on display is a "moment of truth".
- Employees use moments of truth to judge leaders.
- Employees follow leaders that are empathetic, trustworthy and consistent.
- Each moment of truth offers chance to empathize, develop trust and show consistency.
Common "Moments of Truth"
- You're stressed out - ex. Does your style change (consistency)?
- Your team is underperforming - ex. Do you acknowledge the challenges (empathy)?
- An employee needs a pep-talk - ex. Do you give thoughtful, honest feedback (trust)?
- You're sharing bad news - ex. Do you acknowledge how people feel (empathy)?
- People are resisting change - ex. Do you hold everyone accountable (consistency)?
- Morale drops - ex. Do you listen and address the negative feelings (empathy)?
- Your team has a setback - ex. Do you give candid direction and avoid finger pointing? (trust)
Your responses are driven by your behavioral patterns.
©️2019-2020 MentalNotes Search LLC