There's no substitute for watching people while they're "performing".
LOOKING AT DATA ISN'T MONITORING PERFORMANCE! It's monitoring results.
Here's what to look (and listen) for -
- Knowledge - do they know what to do?
- Skills - do they know how to do it?
- Behaviors - are they doing the right things?
- Attitudes - is their mood helping or hurting?
- Well-being - do they seem happy?
- Focus - is anything distracting them?
- Collaboration - are they fitting in?
- Problems - can they handle recurring challenges?
- Concerns - how do they think things are going?