Here's how it works
- People can be grouped by race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, political affiliation, etc...
- Stereotypes are the ideas we develop about groups that are different than us
- Stereotypes begin forming early in life and are influenced by others
- Leaders are constantly interacting w/different groups of people, so they over rely on their long held stereotypes
- Biases form when these stereotypical ideas become prejudices in favor or against different groups
- We rarely stop and think about our long held stereotypes or biases (which makes them unconscious)
- Unconscious biases are often misguided and ill-informed
Why you should care
Unchecked, unconscious bias will make it virtually impossible for you to lead anybody that's NOT exactly like you!
©2019 MentalNotes Search LLC