Stress make sleep a challenge.
- Your mobile device is the source of much of your stress.
- It delivers stressful emails, texts & calls.
- People have a close relationship w/their mobile device.
- So close, we sleep w/the device near by...
- Checking your business email right before bed
- Skimming news sites before bed
- Sleeping with your cell phone
It's easy to get caught up in the business and news of the day.
THE LAST TEXT HACK
Each night before you go to bed, text yourself...
- Something you're grateful for - ex. "Family", "Friends", "Health", etc.
- Something good that happened that day - ex. "...heard from old college friend."
- Something good you witnessed - ex. "Kids playing in park."
WHY IT WORKS
- Gratitude - it takes repetition to create a habit, and gratitude is a proven stress buster.
- Research shows that negative memories are up to 5x more powerful than positive ones. You have to train your brain to remember the good.
- When stressed, it's easy put blinders on and miss some of the good going on around you. You have to train your brain to hunt the good stuff!
By sending yourself that last text, it'll be the first text you receive the next morning.
When you stop to think about the day's wins (no matter how small), positive memories and your gratitude, you rinse away a lot of that day's stress. You'll sleep better.
And each morning, the first text you get is from yourself.