- People have a negativity bias
- We dwell on the bad and discount the good
- You have to train your mind to spot and appreciate positive events
HOW TO HUNT THE GOOD STUFF
COACHING POINT - make a daily "to-do" to stop and think about that day's positive events, outcomes or surprises. Then take time to reflect on the good thing by asking -
- Why did this good thing happen?
- What does this good thing mean to me?
- What can you do tomorrow to make more of this good thing happen?
- How did you or others contribute to this good thing?
REFERENCE - University Of Pennsylvania MRT Training