Employees should now how you want them to deal with bullies. Examples -
- Don't take it personal - "Bullies are typically habitual bullies and haven't singled you out"
- Stand your ground - "I want you to set boundaries and call out bad behavior"
- Offer a 2nd chance - "Some bad behavior is unintentional"
- Come to me - "If the problem persists or you feel uncomfortable confront the bully, come to me"
- Don't wait - "I want to 'nip any bad behavior in the bud' and no one should have to deal with this"
If someone witnesses bullying...
- Don't ignore the problem
- Support the victim
- Give feedback to the bully
- Be a good role model
- If it persists, come to me