The reality most leaders face -
- You can't add headcount
- You're being asked to do more with less
- You likely have a few open positions you're trying to backfill
If you can't avoid a stressful workload, you have to accept it. You won't make the needed adjustments until you accept the reality of the situation.
So what do you do?
- Focus on today - stress builds when people think about tomorrow, next week and next month
- Celebrate daily accomplishments - set reasonable daily targets and celebrate the work that was done (vs. the work that didn't get done)
- Let the group complain - complaints are a form of social bonding. People feel less helpless when they know their co-workers are in the same boat
©2017-2020 MentalNotes Search LLC