A dead end job is one of the key causes of burnout.
- Be honest - don't set false expectations
- Be supportive - respect their aspirations
- Be realistic - set reasonable goals
- Stay involved - keep showing an interest in their personal well being
If the job is viewed as a dead end, it's because they see little value in the work they're currently doing.
- Make sure they value the experience they're getting today
- Keep recognizing their current contributions
- Support their efforts to gain experience outside the company
©2019-2020 MentalNotes Search LLC