Your goal is to help people accept unpopular decisions and make the adjustments needed to succeed.
- Don't sugarcoat - explain what the decision means to your team
- Support the decision process - you can disapprove of the decision but still approve of the decision maker/process
- Empathize - let people vent and be heard (venting can be an effective form of team bonding)
- Avoid thinking traps - help your people avoid jumping to negative conclusions
- Hunt the good - in most unpopular decisions there's a silver lining
- Plan to adapt - identify the immediate steps needed to adjust accordingly
©2019-2020 MentalNotes Search LLC