Political influence is the ability to read & work a situation to your advantage.
Read the political landscape by studying the -
- People - Who are the key players? What image are they trying to project/protect? What's their goal? Strength/weakness? Fear? Motivation? Blindspot?
- Power dynamic - Who's the decision maker? Who influences the decision? Who has to live with the decision?
- Tension - Where are the goals and motives of the key players in conflict?
Work a situation using -
- Persuasion - appeal to the image people are trying to project and explain how decisions benefit them
- Manipulation - highlight situations people fear and offer solutions
- Negotiation - build consensus 1 person at a time and leverage the influencers
PRACTICE TIP - focus on the conflicts. Once you see the political tension you can begin to offer win-win scenarios.
©2019-2020 MentalNotes Search LLC