Anger, fear & sadness are powerful motivational forces.
- A motive gives people a reason to act
- People act on their emotions
- Negative emotions are powerful motivators because they're uncomfortable - people want to act on them.
- And negative emotions are prevalent in today's workplace!
Think of the act(s) you're trying to motivate as treatments for negative emotions -
- Anger, fear - does the action reduce the threats being felt?
- Worry, anxiety - does the action reduce the uncertainty being felt?
- Sadness, sense of loss - does the action offer a way to mourn & move on?
©2019-2020 MentalNotes Search LLC