If someone is motivated, they have a reason to act.
Motivation is needed to -
- Start or change a behavior
- Persist through adversity & challenges
- Give your best effort
Motivation has 4 sources -
- Physiological - ex. hunger motivates us to eat
- Emotional - ex. fear motivates us to seek protection
- Social - ex. need for acceptance motivates us to follow crowd
- Cognitive - ex. memories cause us to avoid certain situations
PRACTICE TIP - think of motivation as a reason for doing something. Motivation is the "why" behind behavior. Why does someone get to work early? Why does someone always do their best? Why are you reading this?
©2019-2020 MentalNotes Search LLC