When you need to make a point and make it stick - less is more.
- B.L.U.F. - give the bottom line up front
- Make 1 point at a time - avoid stacking messages...K.I.S.S.
- Use a tone that fits the message - joking about serious matters is a mixed message
- Use pauses - let your message sink in...silence focuses attention on what you're saying next
- Make eye contact - this holds your audience's attention
- Use body language - this is how people read your emotions
PRACTICE TIP - you should always rehearse important messages up front