If you have a positive expectation of someone (and you tell them about it) they'll tend to deliver.
Research shows a direct link between expectations, motivation & confidence. The Pygmalion Effect is real!
- High expectations are motivating
- Low expectations damage confidence
"Nobody rises to low expectations!"
Higher expectations are self-fulfilling prophecies - so are low expectations!
Pick an average performer
- Acknowledge their effort - ex. "I think you're doing a good job..."
- Raise your expectation - "...but I know you can do better!"
- Give 1 good reason - "I've see you turn it on when you really have to."
- Offer encouragement - "I know you have it in you!"
©2019-2020 MentalNotes Search LLC