IS IT SUMMER ALREADY?
That's what the calendar says! We've curated some of our most popular episodes into a summer reading (or listening) guide. These episodes average about 3-minutes in length and can be consumed at your leisure.
Summer is a good time to reflect on your leadership practice, and the "Leadership Principles" are designed for just that purpose. It's also a good time to step back, relax a little, and reflect on your well being, which we cover in the "Self Help" section. As you prepare for the inevitable changes that each Fall season brings, you may find the "Change Management" episodes useful. And finally, we've included a few of the most listened to "Common Challenges" from Q1 and Q2.
Each time you refresh this link, our newest episodes will appear.
Chat with our new AI powered coaching bot.
LEADERSHIP PRINCIPLES Total time: 27 minutes
- The Complete Leader (2:16) LISTEN READ
- Force Multipliers (3:17) LISTEN READ
- Intentional Leadership (3:53) LISTEN READ
- Followership (2:02) LISTEN READ
- Mental Architecture (3:49) LISTEN READ
- Middle Management (4:33) LISTEN READ
- How to Practice (3:40) LISTEN READ
- The Illusion of Choice (2:43) LISTEN READ
- Raising Expectations (4:31) LISTEN READ
Take-aways: Difference between "management" and "leadership" - Reasons people choose to follow - 3 ways to be intentional - How to practice leadership skills - What sets "Complete Leaders" apart - Why "Hero Leaders" harm
SELF HELP Total time: 33 minutes
- Relaxation (3:20) LISTEN READ
- Imaginary Stress (2:28) LISTEN READ
- Mental Toughness (3:07) LISTEN READ
- Jumping to Conclusions (2:30) LISTEN READ
- Emotional Tagging (2:52) LISTEN READ
- The 90-Second Rule (2:57) LISTEN READ
- Airplane Mode (3:14) LISTEN READ
- Mental Time Travel (3:19) LISTEN READ
- Time Management (3:28) LISTEN READ
- The Law of Substitution (2:23) LISTEN READ
- Personal Standards (4:03) LISTEN READ
Take-aways: What causes emotional decision making - How to manage your emotions - How to conserve mental energy - When (and how) to take a step back - How to focus on the present - How to prioritize - How to manage your thoughts - How to combat negative thinking
CHANGE MANAGEMENT Total time: 24 minutes
- The Adaptable Mindset (2:59) LISTEN READ
- How to Coach the Adaptable Mindset (3:35) LISTEN READ
- Perpetual Motion (2:58) LISTEN READ
- Tacking and Change (2:02) LISTEN READ
- Fail Fast and Fix Fast (3:13) LISTEN READ
- Resistance (3:44) LISTEN READ
- Resistance to Change (2:43) LISTEN READ
- The Nudge Technique (2:28) LISTEN READ
Take aways: "Skating to where the puck is going" - How to preview change - How to face headwinds - How to accelerate change - Why people resist change and what to do about it - The importance of iterative change - How to create the environment for change - How to encourage (vs. demand) change
COMMON CHALLENGES Total time: 24 minutes
- How To Give Bad News (3:17) LISTEN READ
- How To Communicate Unpopular Decisions (3:00) LISTEN READ
- Demanding Employees (3:57) LISTEN READ
- Burnout (4:22) LISTEN READ
- Leading Through A Recession (3:45) LISTEN READ
- Leading Through Uncertainty (3:11) LISTEN READ
- Quiet Quitting (3:56) LISTEN READ
- Flight Risks (3:55) LISTEN READ
Take aways: Communication best practices (do's and don'ts) for for giving bad news and sharing unpopular decisions - How to handle skeptical critics - How to spot and treat burnout - How to build psychological safety
ENJOY THIS SUMMER!
If you prefer reading the episode transcripts, you can visit MentalNotes.com and search for any topic. You can also follow our latest releases on the TheMentalNotesPodcast.com. Feel free to email us at info@MentalNotes.com!
Please sign in to leave a comment.